Who am I?

"I'm just a girl with a lot on her mind and a big love for cats.

Just me.
Just meow."

Thursday 17 April 2014

My YouTube addiction

Hi!
As I wrote last sunday, I'm not planning on having deadlines for when I have to write a new post, and I never know when I will write a new one. Just now, I was sitting on my bed and I felt like writing a blogpost, so that's what I'm doing right now! :D

I have been thinking about writing about my YouTube addiction for a couple of days now, just because I would love to write all about it. It started somewhere in the end of 2011, when a friend of mine introduced me to PewDiePie's video's. At that time, I didn't really understand what was so much fun about watching other people playing games. Back then, YouTube was just a place where you could find all the music you want to me. But I gave his video's a chance and I liked them more than I expected. In fact, I LOVED them. And that's where it all began..


For a long, looong time, I was only watching PewDiePie. After a year or so, I discovered Smosh. I know what you're thinking: All these YouTubers are the most mainstream YouTubers I could find back then. And they are! But I loved them, and I watched Smosh video's for hours. (I also didn't realize I could be a fan of multiple YouTubers at once, and felt like I was betraying PewDiePie. I didn't know yet that after a couple of years, my subscriptionbox would be overloaded.. Oh well.) When Marzia, PewDiePie's girlfriend, started making video's as well, I subscribed to her right away. (Ofcourse, as the gigantic fangirl that I was.. Okay, am. But I also just really like her video's!) I got really into the 'YouTube spirit' and found even more YouTubers like Tyler Oakley, Joey Graceffa, and WonderlandWardrobe. (Kalel Cullen, Who is Anthony from Smosh's girlfriend/fiancĂ©.. Yeah.. The fangirl thing..) 


One day, I was watching all of Tyler Oakley's old video's that he uploaded while I wasn't subscribed to him yet, and I found a collaboration of him and Joe Sugg. (ThatcherJoe.) I liked it a lot, and I also loved the video they did on Joe's channel, but I didn't check out his channel yet. After a while, I found another collab of him and a British YouTuber, Marcus Butler. I did look at Marcus's channel, and I eventually subscribed to him. And if you're subscribed to one person of the "British gang", eventually, you'll be subscribed to all of them. ThatcherJoe, Marcus Butler, Jim Chapman, Zoella, Tanya Burr, PointlessBlog, SprinkleOfGlitter, etc. I could go on forever, I think. Right now, I have 52 subscriptions, which are, except for one or two, all channels that make video's every week or more. These are video's like collabs, gaming video's DIY's, vlogs, Q&A's, ALL KINDS OF VIDEO'S. AND IT'S LIKE HEAVEN TO ME. (I really have to work on the fangirl thing.)


So yeah, right now I can seriously admit that I've developed a YouTube addiction. All the people around me are probably annoyed by it, except for the ones who are also in love with YouTubers. Sorry! Just can't help it. heehee.

My biggest dream is to go to VidCon and/or Playlist Live and to make video's myself. Will it ever happen? I don't know.. We'll see.

For now it's just me.
Just meow.


1 comment:

  1. Hello hun:)
    This post is really nice,love it:)))
    Maybe we could follow each other ? Let me know on my blog!:)

    ReplyDelete