Who am I?

"I'm just a girl with a lot on her mind and a big love for cats.

Just me.
Just meow."

Monday 8 September 2014

Little things of joy!

Everybody has had a moment in their life where they needed something to cheer them up. My God, I'm sure everybody has had plenty of those kind of moments. Lately, I've been having a lot of those. So I decided to make a list of all the things I use that can give me that extra little bit of happiness that will turn my mood around! 

(I was going to say: "turn that frown upside down!" But if I did that, I would have to kill myself afterwards.

I'm sure this won't help all the time, it doesn't always work for me, either. There are just moments in your life where you need to lie in your bed with all the food you can find and three packs of tissues. Those moments suck, believe me, I KNOW. But these little things are for when your mood is "fixable". c: 


1. Cuddles!

Well, according to the name of this blog, this one is pretty obvious, isn't it? CAT-CUDDLES! I love my cat to death and cuddling her can cheer me up so much. Most of the time when I'm sad and I pick her up, she cuddles up to me like she knows I need it. And, ofcourse, it doesn't have to be a cat. Most of the people have a pet, and just the love you get from an animal can really change a mood. If you don't have a pet: try hugging a stuffed animal. It may sound, look, or feel stupid, but believe me: it helps too! I'm a sixteen year old girl and I'm not embarassed to say that I sleep with a big pink turtle wearing a tutu. And that's not something everyone can say, I'm sure. 


2. YouTube!

Yeah.. well. If you've read another blog post of mine, you will know that this one is kinda obvious as well. I just love YouTubers. I watch more YouTube than regular TV. So when I feel like nobody should talk to me for a couple of hours, I'll start up my laptop (or phone, depends on where I am) and go straight to YouTube, where I'll watch all the new video's my favorite YouTubers uploaded. If there are no new video's OR I've finished watching all of them and I still don't feel like I should act social at that point, I will rewatch the old ones that are my favorite. Everytime a friend says he/she is sad and they want a cheer-up but they don't want to be around people, I tell them to go to YouTube. There are SO MANY different kind of video's, there are always ones you'll enjoy. Plus, while you're looking for video's you might like, you're already distracted from the thing that caused your sadness!


3. YOUR BED!

Really though, everybody on the internet is always "overreacting" about how much they want to be in their bed right now and that they never want to leave it again. THAT IS NOT OVERREACTING. My GOD I love my bed. Not kidding: My bed can change my mood in an instant. It's so COMFY and when I lie in my bed after a long day of school/work, it feels SO. GOOD. It's kinda bed, (HAHAHAHHA PUN.) but whenever I'm in my room, I will be lying in bed.. Do you think that's bed? (HAHAHAHHAH.) (Okay I'll stop now, people are gonna think I'm just horrible at spelling.)

4. Eating. Not even joking. I'm so hungry right now.

Eating can cheer me up so much. I'm SO unhealthy, and I want to try to do something about that, but when I get home from school, I can easily eat a whole bag of crisps. A couple of days ago, we celebrated our town and a friend of mine brought cakes. There were 6 left. Two days later, I had eaten them all. No shame. Although I did write this one down, I don't recommend it. As I said, it's very unhealthy if you eat bad stuff everytime you're sad. But it DOES help!



AND THEN WHEN YOU COMBINE IT ALL TOGETHER.. *gasp*
YOU HAVE ENTERED HEAVEN.

Yeah, these four things can cheer me up the most, especially when I'm watching YouTube while laying in bed, with my cat on my lap and stuffing some food in my face. 

Those were a couple of things that can REALLY cheer me up, next to my friends and family ofcourse, but I know there will be moments where I just want to be alone. I hope this gave you some ideas of what to do when you're feeling down. Feel free to comment what you do when you're in a weird depressed mood, I'm REALLY curious what kind of things you can do besides these. :)

xxxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment